ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

Paul Bunyan Telephone's donation helps Kelliher Fire and Rescue

Paul Bunyan Telephone recently made a $2,500 contribution to the Kelliher Fire and Rescue for upgrades needed with new mobile and base station digital radios.

Paul Bunyan Telephone recently made a $2,500 contribution to the Kelliher Fire and Rescue for upgrades needed with new mobile and base station digital radios.

Beltrami County received a county wide FEMA grant in 2007 in order to equip all Beltrami County fire departments with new mobile and base station digital radios. FEMA grant funding covered 90 percent of the radios and installation/programming fees. The donation from Paul Bunyan Telephone covered most of the remaining 10 percent needed for Kelliher Fire and Rescue to receive the upgrade.

If you would like to donate to help cover the remaining funds needed, please contact the Kelliher Fire and Rescue at 647-8133.

In addition to phone services, Paul Bunyan Telephone offers Internet services through Paul Bunyan Net, and television services through Paul Bunyan Television. The cooperative service area covers over 3,300 square miles including Becida, Bemidji, Cass Lake, Cohasset, Deer River, Grand Rapids, Kelliher, Lake George, Laporte, Northome, Ponemah, Puposky, Red Lake, Turtle River, Solway, Squaw Lake and Turtle River.

What To Read Next
Fundraising is underway to move the giant ball of twine from the Highland, Wisconsin, home of creator James Frank Kotera, who died last month at age 75, 44 years after starting the big ball.
Mike Clemens, a farmer from Wimbledon, North Dakota, was literally (and figuratively) “blown away,” when his equipment shed collapsed under a snow load.