Northwest Minnesota Foundation seeks Women's Fund proposals
The Northwest Minnesota Women’s Fund is seeking funding proposals for programs and services that benefit women and girls within the 12-county Northwest Minnesota Foundation service area.
BEMIDJI -- The Northwest Minnesota Women’s Fund is seeking funding proposals for programs and services that benefit women and girls within the 12-county Northwest Minnesota Foundation service area. Counties served by NMF are Beltrami, Clearwater, Hubbard, Kittson, Lake of the Woods, Mahnomen, Marshall, Norman, Pennington, Polk, Red Lake and Roseau.
The Northwest Minnesota Women’s Fund develops resources and serves as a catalyst for improving the quality of life for women and girls, a release said.
"We envision a region where women and girls reach their full potential and work toward that end through grants, scholarships, education and recognition programs," the release said.
The Women’s Fund will consider grant applications for up to $5,000. To qualify for consideration, applications are due Dec. 31 and must support the mission and vision of the Women’s Fund.
Priority will be given to applications that support the Women’s Fund goals:
- Developing entrepreneurial and economic opportunities for women
- Supporting programs that lead to a safer environment for women and girls
- Building networks of women in leadership positions throughout the region
- Encouraging and equipping women and girls to achieve their full potential
Grant funds can be used for speakers, educational materials, program delivery expenses, research projects and for professional development. Grant funds are not available for scholarships (higher education).
Criteria for selection:
- Relationship of the project to Women’s fund mission and goals (as stated above)
- Evidence of grassroots support involving women
- Identified purpose and need for the project
- Clear goals and action steps for completing the project
- Description of working relationship(s) with other partner(s) and/or funding sources
- Potential long-term impact of the project
- Evidence of an evaluation plan
Full grant application guidelines can be found on the Northwest Minnesota Foundation website at www.nwmf.org under “Open Grant Rounds.”