Bathroom fire results in moderate damage to Bemidji residence
A residence has suffered moderate damage after a fire broke out in a bathroom on Monday morning in Bemidji.
BEMIDJI — A residence has suffered moderate damage after a fire broke out in a bathroom on Monday morning in Bemidji.
According to a release from the Bemidji Fire Department, at approximately 6:53 a.m. on June 27, firefighters responded to the report of a structure fire located at 5006 Theater Lane NW in Eckles Township.
Upon arrival, firefighters found a single-story residence with smoke showing from the exterior, the release said. Firefighters entered the building and located the area of origin in a bathroom, with help from a thermal imaging camera.
Firefighters were on the scene for approximately one hour with 12 firefighters and four pieces of equipment.
The structure and its contents suffered moderate damage, and no injuries have been reported. The fire is under investigation but appears to be accidental, the release said.
The Bemidji Fire Department was assisted by the Beltrami County Sheriff’s Office and Bemidji Ambulance Service.