Central Minnesota woman dies after her clothes catch fire
MINNEAPOLIS — A 78-year-old Brainerd woman died Saturday, Jan. 5, at Hennepin Healthcare in Minneapolis after suffering complications of thermal injuries in a burning incident a day earlier, the Hennepin County Medical Examiner’s Office reported.
The examiner’s office identified the woman as Janet Arlene Fraune.
The incident was reported Friday, Jan. 4, to the Crow Wing County Sheriff’s Office. The sheriff’s office stated Fraune was burning paper and garbage on a stove in a garage when her clothes caught on fire. Family members heard screaming in the garage and found her on fire. They extinguished the fire with water.
The sheriff’s office was called to the scene and Fraune was flown to the Minneapolis hospital.