MINNEAPOLIS - The Hennepin County attorney’s office has declined to file criminal charges against a St. Paul man whose car struck a teen during a protest in Minneapolis in November.

“After reviewing all of the facts from the police investigation, prosecutors determined that the actions Mr. (Jeffrey) Rice took did not reflect intent or actions that constitute a crime that could be charged,” the attorney’s office said in a statement Thursday.

Jeffrey Patrick Rice reportedly told police after the Nov. 25 incident that his vehicle had been damaged by a large group of people while he was trying to flee a mob, according to the initial police report. The crowd, gathered near Lake Street and Minnehaha Avenue, was protesting a grand jury decision not to charge a white Ferguson, Mo., police officer in the August shooting death of Michael Brown, a young unarmed black man.

Rice’s vehicle hit a 16-year-old female protester, who suffered a “minor injury” to her leg, Minneapolis police said. After the collision, Rice, 40, headed east on Lake and was stopped just over a mile away, police said.