Lost Walleye Orchestra to kick off third season of Mississippi Music
BEMIDJI -- Wednesday night tunes will soon return to the shores of Lake Bemidji.
The third season of Mississippi Music at the Bemidji Waterfront will kick off on Wednesday, June 13, at Paul Bunyan Park.
The Lost Walleye Orchestra will perform from 6 to 8 p.m. with their combination of Americana, folk, country-blues and classic rock, a release said. Although the musicians hail from Mankato and Minneapolis and feature members of the legendary bands City Mouse and The Castaways, they have strong ties to the Bemidji area.
Food trucks will be on site as well as a beer garden for those 21 and older. Attendees are encouraged to bring chairs or a blanket. In case of rainy weather, signs will be posted near the venue directing concertgoers to Brigid’s Pub, located at 317 Beltrami Ave. NW, in downtown Bemidji.
The remaining schedule is:
- June 20: The Fattenin’ Frogs
- June 27: “Best Minnesota Town” Party; this event runs 5 to 9 p.m. with dozens of local musicians, VIPs, food vendors and family activities.
- July 4: No concert, July Fourth holiday
- July 11: Mary Bue
- July 18: Actual Wolf
- July 25: The Woodpicks
- Aug. 1: No concert, Dragon Boat week.
- Aug. 8: Trapper Schoepp
- Aug. 15: Jillian Rae
- Aug. 22: The Christopher David Hanson Band
- Aug. 29: Known Only Locally (In memory of local writer and musician Jim Miller)