Northern Exposure to Lifelong Learning to host class series
Northern Exposure to Lifelong Learning will host a series of programs beginning on Wednesday, Sept. 15, at Grace Free Lutheran Church, 642 Main Ave. N in Bagley.
BAGLEY -- Northern Exposure to Lifelong Learning will host a series of programs beginning on Wednesday, Sept. 15, at Grace Free Lutheran Church, 642 Main Ave. N in Bagley.
Each class will begin with coffee at 9 a.m. followed by the program at 9:30. Programs are free to attend, but donations are encouraged, a release said.
Here's a look at the fall class schedule:
- Sept. 15: Eric Bergeson will discuss his latest book “Let's Grow on the Northern Prairie" at Grace Free Lutheran Church.
- Sept. 22: Linda Nordlund will take attendees on a trip through Spain and Portugal at the Gonvick Community Center.
- Sept. 29: Photographer and storyteller Doug Ohman will take attendees on a trip around Minnesota at the Bagley American Legion.
- Oct. 6: Jessie Veeder, musician and storyteller from North Dakota, will present at the Fosston Library.
- Oct. 13: David Jones will host his presentation, “The 1939 Olympics,” at the Good Shepherd Lutheran Church in Clearbrook.
- Oct. 20: Dick Roue will review shipwrecks on the Great Lakes at the McIntosh Community Center.
- Oct. 27: Local writer and historian Becky Colebank will share stories of World War I soldiers from Clearwater County at Our Saviors Lutheran Church in Leonard.
NELL is also sponsoring a trip to the Minnesota Discovery Center in Chisholm on Oct. 1. The deadline to sign up for the trip is Sept. 24, and the cost to attend is $55.
For more information on classes, call NELL Program Coordinator Tamara Edevold at (218) 533-0146 , or pick up a program at the first event.