Neen’s Future in Space scholarship available
The Neen’s Future in Space scholarship, a component fund of the Northwest Minnesota Foundation, is seeking qualified applicants for its 2022 scholarship round.
BEMIDJI — The Neen’s Future in Space scholarship, a component fund of the Northwest Minnesota Foundation, is seeking qualified applicants for its 2022 scholarship round.
The annual scholarship is dedicated to qualified students who have graduated from high schools within the NMF service area; who are pursuing their junior or senior year in post-secondary education or post-graduate study through a college, university, or other accredited non-profit technical or vocational education/training institution or program; and are majoring in the study of science, math, technology or engineering with the preference for students entering a career in astrophysics, aeronautical engineering, or aerospace.
- The student must have graduated from a school district within the NMF service area, which includes two tribal nations and 12 counties. Our Northwest Minnesota region is defined as Beltrami, Clearwater, Hubbard, Kittson, Lake of the Woods, Mahnomen, Marshall, Norman, Pennington, Polk, Red Lake and Roseau Counties along with Red Lake and White Earth Nations.
- The student must intend to enter their junior, senior or post-graduate program, majoring in the study of science, math, technology or engineering with the preference for entering a career in astrophysics, aeronautical engineering or aerospace.
- Financial need will be considered in awarding the scholarship but is not an eligibility requirement.
- The student will have a minimum “B” or its equivalent, grade point average, and demonstrate a willingness to earn a minimum of a bachelor’s degree.
- Previous recipients may reapply for a second-year scholarship. Scholarship renewals are not guaranteed.
Applications can be completed online through the NMF website, www.nwmf.org by clicking on “Scholarships” on the home page and then scrolling down to the yellow box that says “Looking to apply for a scholarship?”
A completed application includes providing transcripts and two letters of recommendation, as well as a short essay regarding the student’s non-work experience, internships and/or community involvement. The deadline for the scholarship is May 31.