NAMI offers activities to celebrate Children’s Mental Health Week
As part of National Children’s Mental Health Week, from Feb. 1-7, NAMI Minnesota is offering activities for children and parents.
BEMIDJI --As part of National Children’s Mental Health Week, from Feb. 1-7, NAMI Minnesota is offering activities for children and parents.
The activities include daily readings of children’s books each day from noon to 12:30 p.m., an art contest, mental health and wellness topics for teens and a parent education night on children’s anxiety.
Daily storybooks and readers include:
- Feb. 2 – Commissioner of Education, Mary Cathryn Ricker reading "Imagine: An Inspirational Story of Calming Strategies for Children" by Elisa Holton Odegard.
- Feb. 3 – Kare-11’s Gia Vang reading "Lennon Bruce Fire Breather" by Kate Bartlein.
- Feb. 4 – Congressman Tom Emmer reading "The Princess and the Frog" by Lloyd Jones.
- Feb. 5 – Carlos Mariani Rosa reading "Escuchando a mi Cuerpo" by Gabi Garcia.
- Feb. 6 – Melissa Munro Boyd reading from her book "B is for Breathe".
- Feb. 7 – Lt. Governor Peggy Flanagan reading "Zara’s Big Messy Day" by Rebekah Boruki.
The free meetings can be joined online or by phone on www.namimn.org .