Headwaters Music and Arts to hold spring cleaning day
Headwaters Music and Arts invites the community to join them for a spring cleaning day on Friday, May 7.
BEMIDJI -- Headwaters Music and Arts invites the community to join them for a spring cleaning day on Friday, May 7.
Volunteers can help with spring projects from noon to 8 p.m. with things like painting, window/cupboard cleaning, repotting plants as well as tackling outdoor projects like clearing out garden beds, thinning out perennials and removing brush.
There will also be a rummage sale in the performance hall from 2 to 7 p.m. This will be a chance to clear out books, instruments or other things on hand at Headwaters that are no longer needed, as well as to raise a little money towards building and grounds improvements, a release said.
Related: Events happening in the Bemidji area
Other ways to participate:
- Donate good-quality non-clothing items at home that might be a treasure to someone else, such as games, books, tools, instruments, sporting equipment or extra plants. Bring them to the recital hall the week of May 3-6.
- Share details on your Facebook page and generally help spread the word about the day (details will be posted to the Headwaters Facebook page about a week prior).
- Help to set up the rummage sale on the morning of May 7.
- Staff the sale for a few hours (2 to 4:30 p.m. or 4:30 to 7 p.m.)
- Help to pack up at the end of the rummage sale from 7 to 9 p.m.
- Pitch in on a cleaning or painting project for two or three hours the afternoon or evening of Friday, May 7.
There will be pizza and other treats on hand as a small gesture of appreciation provided by Headwaters.
For more information, call Headwaters Music and Art at (218) 444-5606 .