Caucus night events scheduled for Beltrami County DFL, GOP
Events are scheduled for caucus night, Tuesday, Feb. 1, by the Beltrami County Minnesota Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party and the Beltrami County Republican Party.
BEMIDJI — Events are scheduled for caucus night, Tuesday, Feb. 1, by the Beltrami County Minnesota Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party and the Beltrami County Republican Party.
On Tuesday night, attendees will gather to hear from candidates, select delegates for upcoming conventions, weigh in on the state DFL or GOP platform, and elect precinct leaders.
Beltrami County DFL
The DFL is taking extra precautions to help safeguard attendee health on precinct caucus night. Registration starts at 6:30 p.m. and the caucus begins at 7 p.m.
All caucus attendees must have proof of COVID-19 vaccination (2 doses of Moderna or Pfizer; 1 dose of Johnson & Johnson) or a negative COVID-19 test. Also, attendees must wear a well-fitted mask worn over the nose and mouth and socially distance to the extent possible.
Those who prefer not to participate in person are invited to complete a non-attendee online form at dfl.org/caucus and email it to Curtiss Hunt, DFL chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org or deliver to their caucus site between 6:30 p.m. and the adjournment of business on Feb. 1.
Meeting locations for towns and townships are:
- Bemidji Middle School (1910 Middle School Ave. NW, Bemidji): all Bemidji city wards, Solway, Tenstrike, Turtle River and Wilton; the townships Alaska, Bemidji, Buzzle, Durand, Eckles, Frohn, Grant Valley, Hagali, Jones, Lammers, Liberty, Maple Ridge, Moose Lake, Nebish, Northern, Port Hope, Roosevelt, Sugar Bush, Ten Lake, Turtle Lake and Turtle River; Unorganized District 3.
- Blackduck High School (156 East First St NE, Blackduck): the towns Blackduck, Funkley, Hines, and Kelliher; the townships Battle, Birch, Cormant, Hornet, Kelliher, Langor, O'Brien, Quiring, Shooks, Shotley, Summit, Taylor, Waskish and Woodrow.
- Our Saviors Lutheran Church (37408 Hamre Rd. NW, Grygla): townships Benville, Hamre, Lee, Minnie, Spruce Grove and Steenerson; Unorganized Districts 1 and 2.
- Ponemah Community Center (25003 Abinoojiinah Drive, Ponemah): Ponemah precinct.
- Red Lake Community Center (23990 Highway 1 East, Red Lake): Little Rock, Red Lake Agency precinct and Redby precinct.
Beltrami County GOP
The caucus begins at 7 p.m. at the following meeting locations for towns and townships:
- Bemidji High School (2900 Division Street West): All five Bemidji city wards; the towns and townships Ten Lake, Frohn, Bemidji, city of Wilton, Port Hope, Turtle Lake, Eckles, Liberty, Buzzle, Lammers, Jones, Grant Valley, Maple Ridge, Roosevelt, Alaska, Turtle River, Northern, Brook Lake, city of Solway and town of Turtle River.
- Blackduck High School (156 East First St NE, Blackduck): the towns and townships Hornet, Langor, O’Brien, city of Blackduck, Summit, Hines, Hagali, Nebish, Durand, Birch, Taylor, Moose Lake, Sugar Bush, Funkley, city of Tenstrike, Benville, Spruce Grove, Minnie, Lee, Hamre and Steenerson.
- Kelliher High School (345 Fourth Street NW, Kelliher): the towns and townships Waskish, Eland, Shotley, Red Lake Township, Kelliher, Woodrow, Battle, city of Kelliher, Shooks, Cormant, Quiring, city of Red Lake, Redby, Ponemah and Little Rock.
- Our Savior Lutheran Church (37048 Hamre Road NW, Grygla): the towns and townships Grygla/Fourtown, Benville, Spruce Grove, Minnie, Lee, Hamre, Steenerson