Man convicted of stabbing 2 park police officers in Minneapolis
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — A man accused of ambushing and stabbing two Minneapolis park police officers has been convicted of attempted murder.
Prosecutors say 39-year-old Marsenior Johnson lured the officers to Minnehaha Parkway last August with a fake 911 call that he had been robbed, then attacked the two officers with a knife.
A jury in Hennepin County Thursday convicted Johnson of attempted murder and assault. A criminal complaint says Johnson first stabbed Officer James Huber, whose protective vest prevented the knife from penetrating his chest. Johnson then stabbed Officer Katherine Hammes in upper back and was shot three times by Officer Huber. Hammes suffered a stab wound and a concussion.
The Hennepin County Attorney's Office says a second phase of the trial begins Monday.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.