Weather Forecast


Company: Bemidji natural gas station "over odorized," not a danger

A spokesperson from Minnesota Energy Resources said this afternoon that a report of a natural gas odor in Bemidji is not a dangerous situation.

The spokesperson said the natural gas system in Bemidji was "over odorized," and that the odor will dissipate during the day Friday. There is not a problem with the integrity or safety of the system, the company said. The odorant used in natural gas smells of rotten eggs, and, "unfortunately, too much odorant was inadvertently added to the natural gas at the Bemidji station," the spokesperson said in an email. "This is not a dangerous situation and does not require people to leave their homes or businesses."

To report a natural gas leak, call (800) 889-9508.