Weather Forecast


Bagley fire believed to be accidental

BAGLEY – Authorities determined the Tuesday apartment fire that killed a 92-year old woman to be accidental.

The Clearwater County sheriff’s office also identified the woman Friday as Edna Leone Halvorson of Bagley.

“The cause of the fire is accidental, believed to be started by (a) smoldering cigarette in a chair,” the sheriff’s office stated in a press release.

The sheriff’s office said Thursday that the woman was pulled from Parkview Apartments, 516 Main Ave. N., Tuesday night as the second floor was engulfed in flames.

Halvorson was airlifted to Hennepin County Medical Center, where she died as a result of her injuries

John Hageman

John Hageman covers North Dakota politics from the Forum News Service bureau in Bismarck. He attended the University of Minnesota in the Twin Cities, where he studied journalism and political science, and he previously worked at the Grand Forks Herald and Bemidji Pioneer.  

(701) 255-5607