Sections

Weather Forecast

Close

Authorities identify man who died in fiery crash on Interstate 29 south of Grand Forks

Frybread tacos and wild rice soup fundraiser today

BEMIDJI—American Indian students at Bemidji State University plan to sell frybread tacos and wild rice soup today to help pay for one of the school's biggest on-campus events.

The university's Council of Indian Students will host a Frybread Taco and Wild Rice Soup Fundraiser today in the gathering room at BSU's American Indian Resource Center.

Proceeds will help pay for the council's yearly powwow, which is the largest student-led event at BSU. The council's 46th annual pow-wow drew about 500 dancers, 21 drums, and a swarm of spectators to the university's fieldhouse last November.

BSU pays for about 60 percent of the powwow. The remaining 40 percent comes donations from Bemidji-area businesses and tribes—and fundraisers like the one on Tuesday.

Prices: $10 for a taco and soup; $7 for just a taco; $5 for just soup; $3 for just frybread; $1 for a beverage.

If you go:

What: Frybread taco and wild rice soup fundraiser

When: 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 6

Where: BSU's American Indian Resource Center

Info: (218) 755-2032

Joe Bowen

Joe Bowen covers education and health for the Bemidji Pioneer.

He is a Minneapolis native and a 2009 graduate of St. John's University. Before moving to Bemidji, Bowen covered education, local politics, crime, and everything in between for the Perham Focus in Perham, Minnesota, and Sun Newspapers in suburban Minneapolis.

(218) 333-9798
Advertisement