Public meeting set for Bemidji area master planning guide
BEMIDJI—A second public meeting will be held next week for residents to give input to the area's Comprehensive Plan, which will focus on how the Bemidji should plan growth, development and infrastructure.
The meeting is scheduled for 5:30 p.m. Tuesday at Bemidji City Hall, 317 Fourth St. NW.
A previous meeting was held Sept. 8; this gathering will review and allow comment on goals and strategies for chapters 4-6 of the plan, which cover land use, community facilities and services and and housing.
As part of the plan, the steering committee for the Comprehensive Plan also is holding a photo contest of various local and area landmarks. Following the submission process, the committee will select the best pictures from the public and include them in the Comprehensive Plan, courtesy of the photographer.
The committee is looking for submitted photographs of the following locations, but also will accept various photographs from the area:
• Bemidji City Hall
• Northern Township Hall
• Bemidji Township Hall
• Bemidji Fire Department station
• Beltrami County Law Enforcement Center
• Sanford Bemidji Medical Center
• Sanford Center
• Bemidji Public Library
• Great Northern historic depot
• Beltrami County Historical Society
• Bemidji water towers
• Bemidji Wastewater Treatment Facility
• Lake Bemidji trails
• Northwest Technical College
• Oak Hills Christian College
• Downtown Bemidji
• Paul Bunyan and Babe the Blue Ox statues