Willmar city worker overcome by fumes
WILLMAR, Minn -- A Willmar city employee was hospitalized Tuesday afternoon after being overcome by fumes while cleaning a pool shed at Rice Park.
Police cordoned off the area and evacuated several downwind houses. About 10 people had to leave their homes for about 90 minutes.
The park's wading pool was closed for maintenance work, so the pool was empty, and no children were involved in the incident.
The cleaning chemicals were isolated and placed in a barrel.