Eckles Township fire started outside
ECKLES TOWNSHIP- The fire that caused $120,000 to a triplex on Eckles was caused from an outdoor source.
Bemidji Fire Chief Dave Hoefer said the fire started outside of Unit 2 on the ground near the porch area. The fire then moved up to the vinyl siding on the exterior of the home, climbing up to the attack.
Hoefer said units one and two were both left inhabitable. He did not know where the residents were staying, but did ask the American Red Cross to call them to address their specific needs.
The dog and cat that were rescued from the fire survived and are with their owners.