Blackduck School Board meets Monday night
Agenda for Regular Board Meeting
November 14, 2011
High School Media Center
I. Call to Order - Pledge
II. Agenda Changes
III. Approval of Minutes
IV. Chairperson's Announcements
A. Good Things Happening
1. Fall conferences were well attended. It is good to see so many caring parents.
2. The Fall Play, Little Shop of Horrors, was a huge success! There was a sell out crowd Friday and nearly filled to capacity Saturday and Sunday there were standing ovations for every performance. Nothing but compliments for the production were heard! Many people said Matthew Jedlicka should be on Broadway or in Hollywood. Thank you to Kari Slindee and Judy Ross for their assistance, Cynthia Nord for catering and Eric Weller of Anderson Fabrics who was the genius behind the creation of the plant system.
3. Our Elementary Fall Box Top Contest was a huge success! The entire elementary turned in over 18,000 box tops! Mrs. Mistic's class was the top winner with 4,300 Box Tops! The funds earned from the Box Top Contest go to individual classrooms to supplement the continually dwindling supply budgets!!
4. Mrs. Moris' class has begun Kindergarten Reading Buddies with Mrs. Bahr's class. They meet weekly, partner up and read.
5. The Title 1 Monday class has started. Title One Students that sign up are welcome to attend on Mondays from 9-11 am.
6. November for Blackduck School is Anti Bullying Month. Many activities are going on throughout the school to educate our students on bullying.
7. Thanks to the Blackduck Drakes Football team who played hard the entire season.
8. Thanks to the Blackduck Drakes Volleyball team who played hard the entire season.
9. Thank you to The Bruce Clubb Trust for the donation of $1,000 toward the Parker Scholarship.
B. Open Comments from General Participation
V. Treasurer's Report
September 2011 (Attachment A)
October 2011 (Attachment B)
VI. Meeting Agenda
A. Consent Agenda
1. Approve September & October bills (Attachment C)
2. Approve Board Agreements & Open Enrollments for the 2011/12 school year.
B. Items for Individual Action
1. Consider hiring Ty Moen for the Title VII Home School Liaison position effective November 1, 2011.
2. Consider hiring Nita Brown as our Gifted and Talented Teacher for the 2011/12 school year effective November 3, 2011.
3. Consider advertising for a Title One Para for two hours per day.
4. Consider adding one more hour to the gifted program so 4th grade can be included in the program.
5. Consider accepting the Crunden Electric Inc. bid of $6,058.21 to complete the electrical work on the 2011/12 Building Trades Home. (Attachment D)
6. Consider accepting the Nenson Plumbing and Heating bid of $3,681 for the plumbing on the 2011/12 Building Trades Home. (Attachment E)
7. Consider accepting the bid from Kevin and Connie Barsness of $39,000 for the 2011/12 Building Trades Home. (Attachment F)
8. Consider hiring Cody Nord as Assistant Wrestling Coach for the 2011/12 school year. This would be at level II year 3, $2,543.
9. Consider advertising for a Superintendent.
C. Items for Discussion
1. Is anyone interested in attending the MSBA Leadership Conference at the Minneapolis Convention Center on the 12th and 13th of January? We would head down on the afternoon of the 11th.
2. Consider accepting North Dentals request to come into the school and help with tooth education. They may also provide services to some. There will be no cost to the school.
3. Policy updating.
4. Close the meeting for data privacy issues.
A. Principals' Reports (Attachment G)
B. Enrollment Reports (Attachment H)
C. Food Service Report (Attachment I)
A. The Board received a thank you card from Kathy Shea for the flowers she received when she was ill. (Attachment J)
B. The Board received a thank you card for our support from Carl and Sheri Nord after the death of Sheri's father. (Attachment K)
C. The Board received a thank you card from the Dean Reisch Family for the plant the board sent for his funeral. (Attachment L)
D. The Board received a thank you card from Sandy Frenzel for the flowers sent to her during her illness. (Attachment M)
IX. Future Meetings
A. Our next Board Meeting is on the 12th of December
1. If needed a Truth and Taxation Discussion will take place at this meeting.