Highway 10 closed near Little Falls
The Minnesota Department of Transportation has closed U.S. Highway 10 near Little Falls because Mississippi River flooding has severely damaged approaches to a bridge.
The closure affects the highway in both directions.
MnDOT spokesman Kevin Gutknecht said an ice jam got lodged under the bridge, and water undermined the bridge and the roadway.
Detours are in effect. Westbound traffic is being routed onto Highway 371 and then Highway 115. Eastbound traffic is being routed from Highway 115 to Highway 371.
It is unclear when repairs can be made, and the closure could last throughout the flood season.
Also, the following state highways are closed until further notice:
- Highway 317 from Highway 220 in Marshall County to the North Dakota border.
- Highway 220 from Highway 1 north to Marshall County Road 5.
Ramp and lane closures include:
- Fourth Street exit ramp from U.S. Highway 2 in East Grand Forks is closed.
- The Sorlie Bridge on U.S. Highway 2 business route in East Grand Forks is closed.
The following roads are open, but caution is urged:
- Highway 75 south of Halstad in Norman County.
- Highway 220, 4 miles south of Highway 1 and Alvarado.