Blackduck School Board Agenda
The Blackduck School Board will meet Oct. 12 at 6:30 p.m. in the high school media center.
I. Call to Order - Pledge
A. Oath of Office to new Board Member
1. Robert Stroeing
II. Agenda Changes
III. Approval of Minutes
IV. Chairperson's Announcements
A. Good Things Happening
1. Thank you goes out to the community for all the support given to "Bucks For Ducks". Thanks to all.
2. Thank you to Jo Lange and all her helpers for a successful Homecoming Dance.
3. Thank you to Darrel Loeck of Tenstrike for his work on our S.M.A.R.T. room equipment.
4. Thank you to Becky and Ashley of Wal-Mart Vision Center for eye screening our students.
5. Jennifer Parker states that the fall play is going very well and the kids are practicing hard. Thanks to Mr. Berg, Mr. Carey, Mr. Olhava and Jim Templin for helping with the set building and also to the janitors for helping with stage organization.
B. Open Comments from General Participation
V. Treasurer's Report (Attachment A)
VI. Meeting Agenda
A. Consent Agenda
1. Approve September bills (Attachment B)
2. Approve the following Board Agreements for the 2009/10 school year. From Blackduck to Bemidji; Alison Hughes. From Blackduck to Kelliher; Alyssa Nipp. From Blackduck to Northome; Angelina Frenzel, AnneMarie Frenzel, Catherine Frenzel, Jeanette Frenzel, Justine Frenzel, Mark Frenzel, Nichole Frenzel. Approve the following open enrollment for the 2009/10 school year. From Red Lake to Blackduck; Jonathon Kingbird.
B. Items for Individual Action
1. Consider rehiring Nancy Sydow as the ECFE Para. She would be on Step 2 of the Para salary schedule, $10.90 per hour.
2. Consider designating Robert Doetsch as the ADA Coordinator under Section 504.
3. Consider accepting the Assurance of Compliance Document. (Attachment C).
4. Consider clarifying who is covered under the Family Season Sports Pass.
5. Accept the first reading of Policy 360 involving student's pictures and information on the Internet. (Attachment D).
6. Consider assuring payment of the MA funding for the Mental Health Therapist per request of Stellher Human Services. (Attachment E).
7. Consider advertising for electrical and plumbing bids for the 2009/10 Building Trades Home.
8. Consider hiring Kari Slindee as Assistant Speech Coach, Level III, year 2, ½ time, $879.50.
9. Consider hiring Andra Vaughn as Wrestling Cheerleader advisor for the 2009/10 school year at a cost of $300.
10. Consider advertising for a Long Term Substitute Teacher for Spanish and ELL.
C. Items for Discussion
1. Discuss why property taxes vary from year to year
2. Bond Referendum
3. Blackduck Football (Attachment F)
4. Fund Raisers
A. Principals' Reports (Attachment G)
B. Enrollment Reports (Attachment H)
C. Food Service Report (Attachment I)
IX. Future Meetings
1. Our next Regular Board Meeting is on the 9th of November.