Weather Forecast


Bedroom damaged in fire

An early Tuesday morning fire that was started by a candle heavily damaged a back bedroom of a mobile home on the 6400 block of Irvine Avenue Northwest, according to Bemidji Fire Chief Dick Sathers.

One of the two occupants, Lira Eddardo, was checked out by Bemidji Ambulance personnel and treated for minor smoke inhalation at the scene. Linda Sam, the owner of the mobile home and second occupant, was not injured.

A smoke detector alerted the occupants to the fire, which was contained to the bedroom.

The Bemidji Fire Department responded to the call at 3:51 a.m. with 35 firefighters, two pumper trucks, two tankers, two pickups and a squad vehicle.