Sections

Weather Forecast

Close
Advertisement

Willmar city worker overcome by fumes

Email

WILLMAR, Minn -- A Willmar city employee was hospitalized Tuesday afternoon after being overcome by fumes while cleaning a pool shed at Rice Park.

Police cordoned off the area and evacuated several downwind houses. About 10 people had to leave their homes for about 90 minutes.

The park's wading pool was closed for maintenance work, so the pool was empty, and no children were involved in the incident.

The cleaning chemicals were isolated and placed in a barrel.

Are you a newspaper subscriber but you don't have a Digital Access account yet? https://secure.forumcomm.com/?publisher_ID=40&event=subscriber/lookup.

You will need your subscription account number and phone number. Not sure if you have an account? Email us at subscriberservices@forumcomm.com and we can help you.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
randomness