UPDATED: Toddler dies after being pulled from Grand Rapids hotel hot tub
GRAND RAPIDS, Minn. -- A 2-year-old boy has died after being pulled from a hot tub at a northern Minnesota hotel.
Grand Rapids police were called to the Sawmill Inn about 5 p.m. Wednesday where the toddler was found in the hot tub after wandering away from a birthday party. First responders attempted to stabilize the child who was rushed to a Grand Rapids hospital and then transferred to St. Mary's Medical Center in Duluth where he was later pronounced dead.
Grand Rapids Police Chief Jim Denny tells the Duluth News Tribune there's no indication of gross negligence in the death of Tony Lee Scovel of rural Bovey.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.