UPDATED: MnDOT closes sections of two northern Minnesota highways
MnDOT office closes highways
The Minnesota Department of Transportation Northwest District 2 has closed two highways until further notice.
Closed roads are:
- Highway 9 south of Ada from Normal County Road 179 to Normal County Road 180.
- Highway 200 east of Ada in Norman County.
Motorists are warned to not drive around barricades.
Caution signs also have been posted at:
- Highway 87 near Park Rapids from Hubbard County Road 111 to Hubbard County Road 68.
- Highway 11 west of Birchdale from Koochiching County Road 4 to Koochiching County Road 118.
- Highway 9 north of Ada from Norman County Road 13.
- Highway 9, 2 miles south of Borup at the Norman/Clay county lines.
Drivers are urged to slow down and proceed with extreme caution through areas that have water running over the roadway. Flooding is difficult to predict and conditions can change quickly.
For updated information, go online to www.511mn.org or call 511.