Bemidji High School students file back into their classrooms Monday morning after a fire in a trash can on the second floor bathroom caused an evacuation. The students were dismissed early because the smell of smoke. Pioneer Photo/Monte Draper
Smoke prompts Bemidji High School early release
A second-story bathroom fire at Bemidji High School prompted an early release of students Monday.
The fire, which was located and reported by a BHS student, was reported at 10:40 a.m. It was contained to a second-story bathroom.
While the fire was soon extinguished, there was smoke damage on the second floor of the high school's academic wing.
Get the full story
Subscribe or Log In
Are you a newspaper subscriber but you don't have a Digital Access account yet? Activate your account.
You will need your subscription account number and phone number. Not sure if you have an account? Email us or call (218) 333-9200 and we can help you.