Skoe, Sailer hold town meetings
Legislative District 2 lawmakers will hold town hall meetings this weekend and next.
All will be attended by Sen. Rod Skoe, DFL-Clearbrook, with Rep. Kent Eken, DFL-Twin Valley, joining him for House 2A meetings and Rep. Brita Sailer, DFL-Park Rapids, holding the House 2B forums.
"The biggest challenge facing the Legislature is the $1.2 billion budget deficit, which must be solved in the coming months," Skoe said. "However, there are many long-term challenges facing the state as well.
"The state's fiscal house is not in order: we are facing a $1.2 billion deficit this biennium, a nearly $6 billion deficit in 2012-13, and an immediate deficit in the state's cash-flow account. We need to fix this, and I'd like to hear your ideas on how to tackle this problem," he said.
Said Sailer: "The Legislature will have a myriad of tough choices to make in the coming months. Balancing the state budget and getting Minnesota's economy rolling again aren't easy tasks. But the input of residents in northern Minnesota will help us make these difficult decisions."
Skoe and Eken will hold meetngs:
- 8:30-10 a.m. at the Fosston Embassy Center.
- 10:30 a.m. to noon at Fertile City Hall.
- 12:30-2 p.m. at Twin Valley City Hall.
- 2:30-4 p.m. at the Ada Community Center.
- 4:30-6 p.m. at the Halstad High School Library.
- 9-10"30 a.m. at Lake Park Audubon High School Media Center.
- 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Frazee Fire Hall.
- 1-2:30 p.m. at Callaway City Hall.
- 3-4:30 p.m. at Mahnomen School Auditorium.
Skoe and Sailer will hold meetings:
- 8:30 a.m. to 10 a.m. at the Kelliher School Media Center, 345 Fourth St.
- 10:30 a.m. to noon at the Blackduck High School Library, 156 First St.
- 2:30-4 p.m. at the Clearbrook School, 16770 Clearwater Lake Road
- 4:30-6 p.m. at the Bagley City Hall, 18 S. Main St.
- 7-8:30 p.m. at the Frank White Education Center Community Room in Park Rapids, 301 Huntsinger Ave.