Sections

Weather Forecast

Close
Advertisement
Rep. Paul Anderson of Starbuck and Lori Thompson-Garry tell a Minnesota House committee Wednesday that homes should be tested for radon. Thompson-Garry’s sister died of lung cancer blamed on radon. Don Davis | Forum News Service

Sister continues victim’s radon fight at Legislature

Email News Alerts

ST. PAUL – Janet Thompson was being treated for terminal lung cancer, but her thoughts were about others.

She lobbied people she saw to check their homes for radon, a colorless and odorless radioactive gas that can cause lung cancer.

Advertisement

Get the full story
Subscribe or Log In

Are you a newspaper subscriber but you don't have a Digital Access account yet? Activate your account.

You will need your subscription account number and phone number. Not sure if you have an account? Email us or call (218) 333-9200 and we can help you.

Advertisement
Don Davis
Don Davis has been the Forum Communications Minnesota Capitol Bureau chief since 2001, covering state government and politics for two dozen newspapers in the state. Don also blogs at Capital Chatter on Areavoices.
Advertisement