The Minnesota Secretary of State office has announced a proposed timeline for the statewide recount for the 2010 gubernatorial election,should a recount in the 2010 gubernatorial election be required by law and approved by the State Canvassing Board when it meets on Nov. 23.
The recount would end Dec. 14.
Minnesota law requires a hand recount when the vote margin between candidates for state, judicial or federal office is less than one-half of one percent. Election results remain unofficial until certified by the State Canvassing Board.
The proposed schedule is as follows:
- Initial meeting of the State Canvassing Board:
November 23, 2010: 10 a.m.
Room 10, State Office Building, St. Paul
- certification of election results
- determination of the need for any automatic recounts
- designation of state recount official
- adoption of a recount plan
Recount begins at locations around the state:
November 29, 2010 9 a.m.
(Locations to be decided)
Deadline for deputy recount officials to finish sorting the ballots:
December 7, 2010
State Canvassing Board meetings:
December 8, 2010 9 a.m.
December 9, 2010 9 a.m.
December 10, 2010 1 p.m.
(Location to be decided)
- certification of any recounts in state House races
- determination of challenged ballots in the gubernatorial recount
State Canvassing Board meeting:
December 14, 2010 (time and location to be decided)
- certification of gubernatorial election