The Bemidji Area Schools Board of Education will take action to approve aims, goals and measures for the 2009-10 school year.
The School Board will convene for its regular meeting at 6:30 p.m. Monday in the Bemidji High School Media Center.
The District intends to follow the three aims set by the school board: highest levels of student success, a safe and welcoming environment, and effective and efficient operations. The aims, goals and measures give the District direction on meeting the diverse needs of all students.
The proposed goals include increasing student proficiency in reading, mathematics and graduation rates, as well as demonstrating respect and an efficient use of resources.
In other business, the school board will:
- Receive information on BHS's JROTC, a program that prepares students for leadership roles, responsibilities and privileges as American citizens.
- Receive information on BHS's ninth-grade retreat and Link Crew program.
- Take action on approval of the Bemidji High School music department's 2010 tour in New York City.
- Take action on submission and acceptance of donations.
- Review lane advancements.