Resources available for fire victims
The following is a list of resources available for victims of Monday afternoon's fire at the south complex of Regency Park Apartments.
The list is a work-in-progress. To be added to this list, call the Bemidji Pioneer at 333-9200.
People interested in donating to fire victims are asked to contact the United Way of Bemidji Area at 444-8929.
There are several housing options available for displaced fire victims.
- Mount Zion Church, 414 Lincoln Ave. S.E., is the Red Cross staging area and has cots for people to spend the night. Call the "Pastor Steve" at 751-8000.
- Evergreen House Inc. will help anyone, ages 10-21, couch-hopping, kicked-out, homeless, or at-risk of being homeless. Someone is available from noon to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday. The drop-in center is located at the intersection of 15th Street Northwest and Paul Bunyan Drive Northwest.
- Multiple Realtors and property management firms have stated they will work with victims toward finding a new apartment or residence.
- Quality Inn has discounted rates available: 444-7700.
- The Northern Inn has rooms available.
U.S. mail service
Mail will be held at the Bemidji Post Office and can be picked up any time before 5 p.m. Monday-Friday. Mail with addresses assigned to the south complex of Regency Park Apartments complex will not be delivered until the building is again habitable.
Citizens are encouraged to pick up a form to either have mail held or forwarded. Forms are available at the Law Enforcement Center, 612 Minnesota Ave. N.W.; Mount Zion Church, 414 Lincoln Ave. S.E.; the Post Office, 401 Irvine Ave. N.W.; online at www.usps.gov; or by calling 1-800-ASKUSPS.
Other phone numbers that might of use to fire victims are:
- Crown Management (Jim Cole and staff): 751-5699 or e-mail email@example.com.
- Bemidji Fire Department: 751-8001.
- Beltrami County Office of Emergency Management: 333-8320 or 333-8386 or go online to e-mail emergencymanagement.co.beltrami.mn.us.
- Beltrami County Human Services: 333-8300.
- Beltrami County License Center: 333-4148.
- Bemidji Pioneer (to set up an alternate delivery location of the Pioneer): 333-9200.