MINNEAPOLIS - A 27-year-old Redby man faces two federal charges relating to a firearm.
An indictment recently unsealed in Minneapolis alleges Timothy Clarence Stately possessed a 12-guage, sawed-off shotgun last May.
Federal prosecutors filed the charge earlier this month and a judge unsealed the indictment last week.
Stately is charged with being a felon in possession of a firearm and one count of possessing an unregistered sawed-off shotgun. He made an initial appearance on the charges April 12.
The indictment also said the gun had an obliterated serial number. A news re-lease from the U.S. Attorney's Office said Stately is prohibited from possessing firearms or ammunition because he has a felon record. Stately was previously convicted of second-degree assault with a dangerous weapon.
If convicted, Stately faces up to 10 years in prison for each charge.