Presidential Search Advisory Committee formed
Fifteen members have been selected for the Bemidji State University and Northwest Technical College Presidential Search Advisory Committee.
The members were named by Committee Chair Roland E. Barden. The committee was publicly announced Monday. Selections were made from nominations Barden received from various constituencies.
- Roger Aitken, community representative.
- Nicholle Bieberdorf, Nursing, NTC faculty.
- William Brauer, Technological Studies, BSU faculty.
- Stephanie Chuah, student.
- Ed Driscoll, Physical Plant, staff.
- Mike Herbert, Criminal Justice, BSU faculty.
- Diane Illies, BSU/NTC Business Services.
- Dale Ladig, director, BSU Residential Life.
- Matt Livers, student.
- Lyle Muelebroeck, Industrial Model Making, NTC faculty.
- Pat Rogers, Dean, BSU College of Health Sciences and Human Ecology and School of Graduate Studies.
- Carol Russell, CEO, Russell Herder, community representative.
- Jackie Ryder, Center for Research and Innovation, staff.
- Nancy Vyskocil, president, Northwest Minnesota Foundation, community representative.
- Marty Wolf, Mathematics and Computer Science, BSU faculty.
Ex officio members
- Linda Skallman, MnSCU Associate vice chancellor of Human Resources, MnSCU.
- Linda Gilsrud, director, BSU-NTC Human Resources.
The Search Advisory Committee has proposed to have a new president in place by July 1, although meeting the deadline will depend on the candidates.
The presidential search began in December with the hiring of the search firm Witt/Kieffer. "Committee meetings begin soon," said Howard Jessamy, a consultant with Witt/Kieffer.
Applications will be reviewed from January through April. A list of finalists is expected by April.
"This is a very aggressive timeline, meaning that the committee has less than one academic year to find a president," Jessamy said.
"The position is open until it's filled," he said. "It will be very hard to meet that projected deadline."