Police and Fire Report for April 10
The Bemidji Police Department responded to the following reports:
7:45 p.m. Sunday, 2200 block of Division Street West. Gas drive-off complaint.
6:45 p.m. Saturday, Petro Serve USA. Gas drive-off.
5:26 p.m. Saturday, Walmart. A person attempted to steal a sweatshirt.
2:14 p.m. Saturday, 800 block of Irvine Avenue Northwest. A bicycle was stolen from a yard.
12:10 p.m. Saturday, 700 block of Lincoln Avenue Southeast. A television was reported stolen.
3:25 p.m. Sunday, 100 block of Minnesota Avenue Northwest. A caller reported two teenage boys were trying to break into a warehouse.
7:15 a.m. Sunday, Clausen Avenue Southwest. A malfunctioning railroad crossing signal was reported. The Burlington Northern Santa Fe railroad corporation was contacted by dispatch.
3:11 p.m. Saturday, Miles Avenue Southeast. A manhole cover was dislodged. Bemidji Fire Department replaced the manhole cover.
4:57 p.m. Saturday, 2500 block of Minnesota Avenue Northwest. A woman was heard screaming. A 26-year-old man was arrested after officers saw him flee on foot upon their arrival.
11:16 p.m. Saturday, 1000 block of Washington Avenue South. Loud music complaint.
5:08 a.m. Saturday, 800 block of 26th Street Northwest. Individuals were arguing outside.
7:58 a.m. Saturday, 600 block of America Avenue Northwest. Marijuana smoke was reported. An officer walked the floors but did not smell anything.
The Beltrami County Sheriff's Office responded to the following reports:
7:54 p.m. Sunday, Highway 71. A citation was issued for a roadside domestic dispute.
3:13 p.m. Sunday, 7000 block of Danielle Lane Northeast. A large campfire got out of control and burned both wooded areas and wetlands. The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources and Bemidji Fire Department responded to the scene.
1:11 a.m. Sunday, 8700 block of Lady Bug Drive Southwest. A fire that occurred in Grant Valley Township consumed an outdoor wood stove and a small shed. The fire was suppressed by the Bemidji Fire Department.
12:26 a.m. 14900 block of Lumberjack Road Northwest, Puposky. Deputies responded to a report of a grass fire in Alaska Township. The Alaska Fire Department was already on scene.
11:04 a.m. Sunday, Patriot Drive Northwest. A vehicle was keyed.
9:38 a.m. Saturday, Loon Son Lane Northeast. A mailbox was damaged from a vehicle.
6:29 a.m. Sunday, Spirit Lake Road Northeast. Two men did not pay a cab fare of $18.75.
11:27 a.m. Saturday, August Drive Northeast. A mother gave her son permission to drive a vehicle, but her son did not return the vehicle.
4:25 a.m. Sunday, 3900 block of Supreme Court Northwest. Loud music complaint.
2:07 a.m. Sunday, Sumac Road Northeast. A bonfire party was reported. One man was reportedly punched in the face by another and received a bloody nose.
11:28 p.m. Saturday, Corland Road Northeast, Blackduck. A woman found her dog died from a gunshot wound on a road near her home in Langor Township. There are no suspects.
7:49 p.m. Saturday, 10000 block of Grange Road Northwest. Illegal dumping and littering was reported.
4 p.m. Saturday, 1200 block of Little Norway Avenue Southeast. Gunshots were reported in the area east of Stoner Avenue Southeast. Deputies checked the area and were unable to locate anything suspicious.
12 p.m. Saturday, Irvine Avenue. Miscellaneous power tools were taken.
The Bemidji Fire Department responded to the following reports:
1:14 a.m. Saturday, Pine Ridge Avenue Northwest. Medical call.
9:29 a.m. Saturday, 600 block of America Avenue Northwest. Medical call.
12:38 p.m. Saturday, 1400 block of America Avenue Northwest. Medical call.
7:37 p.m. Saturday, 1100 block of America Avenue Northwest. Medical call.
9: 29 p.m. Saturday, 600 block of America Avenue Northwest. Smoke was spotted.
1:14 a.m. Sunday, 8700 block of Lady Bug Drive. A boiler shed caught on fire.
12 p.m. Sunday, Skyline Village. Medical call.
3:43 p.m. Sunday, 7000 block of Bemidji Road Northeast. A grass fire threatened structures.
7:31 p.m. Sunday, 200 block of Jacob's Way. Smoke in a home was found to be the result of burned plastic in the dishwasher.