Manager hopes to rebuild Turtle Creek Saloon
The general manager of Turtle Creek Saloon said he plans to rebuild.
The saloon, 273 Bemidji Road N.E., was heavily damaged Sunday morning in a fire reported by a passer-by at 5:07 a.m. Crews from the Bemidji Fire Department responded to the call and stayed on scene throughout the day to extinguish the fire and assist with the investigation.
Turtle Creek Saloon General Manager Frank Chrz said the State Fire Marshal office has determined that the cause of the fire was due to an electrical shortage.
"A horrible incident took place Sunday morning," Chrz said in a voicemail left at the Pioneer Monday night.
Chrz said he is thankful that no employees or customers were at the saloon during the fire.
He said he plans to work with the insurance companies and hopes to rebuild the establishment.
"I'm thankful for all the friends and customers who have stopped by to wish us well and offer help," he said.
The investigator with the State Fire Marshal office could not be reached Tuesday to confirm the cause of the fire.