IDEA winners to be announced May 5 in Bemidji; Area residents among finalists
IDEA Competition winners will be announced at the IDEA Competition Awards Banquet from 5-8:30 p.m. May 5 in Beaux Arts Ballroom at Bemidji State University.
Several finalists are from Bemidji and the surrounding area.
The IDEA Competition kicked off last fall with 66 applications.
In the ensuing months, the field was narrowed to the following group of finalists:
- Addy-Olly, LLC - Cynthia J. Krankkala, Thief River Falls
- EZ Door - John Arlo Gerbracht, Bagley
- Insect Inferno - Corey & Sue Westrum, Jason Vant Hul, Leonard
- LaValley Industries LLC - Jason and Roger LaValley, Bemidji
- Mac-Attatch Inc. - Scott Gustafson, McIntosh
- sf(x) Engineering, Inc. -Nancy Fisher & Stephen Fisher, P.E., Warroad
- Szurpicki Lawn Services LLC - John and Holly Szurpicki, Bemidji
- Trophy Head Shot - Tim Sargent, Ada
Final awards will be determined by a judging panel composed of members from three area equity funds, bankers, successful entrepreneurs and business development professionals. The panel will choose up to five winners, all of whom will receive $10,000 to advance their business ideas, plus additional technical assistance. For more information on the IDEA Competition Awards Banquet or to register, or for more on IDEA, visit the website www.ideacompetition.org.
IDEA assists the most promising local entrepreneurs in the commercialization of innovative products, processes and deliveries by connecting them to the best resources available along with access to the capital it takes to launch a successful venture.