Highway 2 between Crookston and EGF closed, motorists warned to use caution
BEMIDJI - Motorists are being warned Monday to check road conditions before traveling in northwest Minnesota due to "difficult and hazardous driving conditions," the Minnesota Department of Transportation said in a statement issued this morning.
No travel is advised on some highways due to blowing snow and white out conditions.
U.S. Highway 2 from Crookston to East Grand Forks is closed until further notice.
The Transportation Department said "snow plow operators are doing their part to make highways safe."
Motorists are asked to:
- Keep a safe distance from the snowplows. Do not tailgate.
- Drive slowly on bridges, overpasses and tunnels.
- Use a safe speed for winter driving conditions, regardless of the posted speed limit.
- Keep a safe stopping distance from the vehicle in front of you.
- Keep both hands on the steering wheel, eyes on the road and attention on your driving.
For additional tips on safe winter driving, go to www.mndot.gov/workzone.
For updated information on road conditions, call 511 or click on www.511mn.org.