The Beltrami County Nursing Service is working with Bemidji Area Schools District School Nurse Sue Nokleby to offer the 2009 H1N1 influenza vaccine to children ages 5-10 at Bemidji Area Schools.
According to a press release issued by District Superintendent Jim Hess:
Vaccination clinics will begin in November and early December. The vaccination will not be given to students without written parent or guardian permission.
Children young than 10 are expected to need two doses of vaccine spaced about three weeks apart. There will be no cost for this vaccine. No seasonal influenza vaccine will be given at these clinics.
For further information about the vaccine or the Bemidji Area Schools vaccination clinics, please see the District's website at www.bemidji.k12.mn.us/Support/health_h1n1.html and click on the "School Vaccination Clinic Q & A."
Other sources of information about the H1N1 flu virus and the vaccine can also be found at www.cdc.gov/h1n1flu/.
For other information, call Sue Nokleby, District school nurse, at 333-3100 ext 209.
- 8:45-10:15 a.m. Monday, Nov. 23, Central Elementary School.
- 8:45-11:30 a.m. Tuesday, Nov. 24, Lincoln Elementary School.
- 1-2:30 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 24, Solway Elementary School.
- 8:45-11:30 a.m. Monday, Nov. 30, Northern Elementary School.
- 8:45-11:30 a.m. Tuesday, Dec. 1, Horace May Elementary School.
- 1-2:30 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 1, J.W. Smith Elementary.