The First Friday Art Walk in Bemidji will be Friday, July 3, and will include the following participants:
- Bemidji Community Art Center will host its July First Friday Art Walk and Opening Reception from 5-7 p.m. at 426 Bemidji Ave. A CD release party for "The Kali Yuga Rag" a CD of recorded poetry by Anthony Swann, featuring a talk and partial reading by the author at 6 p.m. The featured exhibit for the month is "New Work" by Marlon Davidson, Butch Holden, Jay Jones, Marley Kaul, Don Knudson and Vivienne Morgan. It will include sculptures, mixed media, ceramics, painting and photography. Shop 426 will be open, with new inventory. All proceeds from Shop 426 benefit BCAC programming and the artists of Shop 426. The BCAC is free and open to the public. For more information, call 444-7570; visit www.bcac.wordpress.com or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Headwaters School of Music and the Arts will host an opening reception for Brian Grund from 5-7 p.m. Friday at 519 Minnesota Ave. N. The "Chasing the Wind" exhibit will be featured through July. "Chasing the Wind" is about taking the time to notice the incredible, wonder-filled world, through photography, exploration and discovery. All photographs are available for purchase in various sizes, ordering information will be available. All proceeds from the sale of these photographs are used to pay for wilderness travel expenses for youth interested in chasing the wind. For more information, call 444-5606.
- Cabin Coffeehouse and Café will feature an exhibit by self-taught artist Audrey Merschman from 4-6 p.m. Friday. Merschman, has lived in Bemidji with her husband Kenny for more than 55 years, says she enjoys spending time painting. She works in oils and watercolors with a large variety of subjects and sizes. She has illustrated 11 children's books, watercolors for a card company and continues to show her work through the United States and other countries. Coffee and desserts will be provided during the reception. The Cabin is open from 7 a.m.-8 p.m. Monday-Friday, 7 a.m.-7 p.m. Saturday and from 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. Sunday. For more details, call 444-2899.
- Gallery North presents showcase artist, Tom Hetznecker, who is known for his unique line drawings. Featured artists for July include Kathy Gustafson, featuring her fine paper cuttings and paintings and Doug Zuehlsdorff, a new Gallery member, who does pen and ink landscapes and buildings. An opening reception will be held from 2-5 p.m. Friday at 502 Third St. N.W.
A watercolor class in painting a "Northwood's birch tree in a loose watercolor style" will be held at 1 p.m. Saturday, July 11. For more information or to register, call 751-7741. For info on artists or to become a member of Gallery North, call 444-9813 or e-mail email@example.com.
- Mask and Rose Women's Theater Collective and the Northwood's Folk Collective will host its First Friday Coffeehouse at 7:30 p.m. Friday at the Wild Rose Theater, 501 Bemidji Ave. Performer sign-up begins at 6:30 p.m. The cost is $2 per person or $5 for family. For details, contact Cate Belleveau at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bemidji Public Library will host an opening reception for featured artist, Janelle Christensen, 3-5 p.m. Friday. Christensen's work will be on display through the end of July. For more information, call Paul Simonson at 444-7886.
- Wild Hare Bistro and Coffee House will feature the photography of Tyson Kuznia, July 3-29. Tyson is a professional photographer based in Fargo, N.D., and will share his passion for portraiture in sensual, delicate compositions in color and black and white. Wild Hare also features its own culinary artists at the First Friday Wine Bar from 5-9 p.m., Friday with a new menu every month and a wine and beer list to match. For more details, call 444-JAVA.
- Dunn Bros Coffee will feature works from artist Pat Shough. Pat, who paints under the name of "Sillimandi," is a vibrant colorist who brings her creative spontaneity to works in watercolor and acrylics. Her show includes a variety of subjects including flowers, birds and animals now through the end of July. Levandowski Pottery by Aron and Jena Levandowski glassware by MaryBeth Vaudrin and Beverlee Olson, will be available for purchase. Call 444-5252 or e-mail dunnbros106@ dunnbros.com.
- Bad Cat Creations Gallery and Gifts located at 315 Irvine Ave. N.W., is a boutique featuring art and fine craft by more than 35 different artists and an eclectic selection of fun gifts and contemporary accessories. Showcasing mostly local artists, Bad Cat Creations had everything from jewelry and ceramics to cards and fun accessories. For more information, call 444-9225.
- Neilson Place will host an exhibit by artist Natalia Himmirska. The North Country Health Services Art Committee is pleased to host this art exhibit, titled, "Embrace," featuring original paintings by Natalia. Her work will be displayed through August and is available to purchase. For more details, e-mail email@example.com.
- Beltrami County Historical Society, in conjunction with Gallery North presents the "Summer Breeze" exhibit. An opening reception will be held from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Friday at The History Center, 130 Minnesota Ave. S.W. Refreshments will be served, and admission is free. The History Center is open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday-Saturday. For details, call 444-3376 or visit www.beltramihistory.org.