BRAINERD, Minn. (AP) - Some deer hunters had some bad luck in the Brainerd area during the weekend hunting opener -- their tree stand caught on fire.
The hunters had shot a deer from the stand, then left their guns in the stand and went down to clean the deer.
While the hunters were on the ground the portable heater in the stand apparently fell over and started the tree stand on fire.
A box of ammunition left in the stand also started exploding.
Firefighters had to walk to the fire with water pump cans and contain the fire. The tree stand collapsed to the ground.
No one was hurt.