Sections

Weather Forecast

Close
Advertisement

‘Bucky’ Rogers’ weapons trial delayed

Email News Alerts

MINNEAPOLIS — Federal court officials say a Montevideo,  man’s trial on weapons charges has been delayed a second time, this time to Dec. 2.

Advertisement
Advertisement

The trial had been scheduled to start Wednesday in Minneapolis.

Also, a federal magistrate ordered Buford “Bucky” Rogers held in jail until the trial. Magistrate Judge Jeanne Graham said Rogers has a history of not appearing at court hearings.

The 24-year-old man is being held on charges of having a firearm and other destructive devices such as two Molotov cocktails and a pipe bomb.

Originally, the FBI said Rogers was planning a Montevideo terrorist attack, but he has not been charged with terrorism.

He was arrested May 3.

Advertisement
Forum News Service
The Forum Communications News Service is the premier news wire service covering the Upper Midwest, stretching from the oilfields of western North Dakota to the plains of South Dakota and to the shores of eastern Minnesota. For more information about the services we offer or to discuss content subscriptions, please contact us.
Advertisement
Advertisement
randomness