Blackduck School Board to meet Monday
Agenda for Regular Board Meeting
December 13, 2010
High School Media Center
I. Call to Order - Pledge
II. Agenda Changes
III. Approval of Minutes
IV. Chairperson's Announcements
A. Good Things Happening
1. Good luck to our Basketball players and our wrestling team!
2. The Blackduck Ahtletic Fund received a grant for the Minnesota State High School League for $1080.00 to help support scholarships given to high school activity participants.
3. The Media Center would like to thank Home Depot plus Don Bryson and John Watts for the metal book cart they made and donated to the library.
4. Our Blackduck FFA President, Tisheena Freyholtz, was the second highest individual in Floriculture at the Ag Activities day in Crookston last Friday. The University of Minnesota, Crookston will award her with a $600 scholarship for her accomplishment.
5. The fifth grade class had a fabulous fieldtrip to Deep Portage. The students experienced Cross-Country Skiing, Rock Climbing, Pioneer Olympics, Survival skills, A night game called Nightstalkers that taught them about our Minnesota owls, an evening campfire with fun stories and singing songs. The Deep Portage staff once again praised our kids for being excellent listeners, participants, good attitudes, and good eaters. Everyone was on their best behavior. This trip is one even juniors and seniors talk about for years to come. We reinforce the skills that were taught at Deep Portage in our classrooms.
6. The Basketball cheerleaders are preparing and planning for SNOW WEEK 2011. This year's theme is "Star Crazy" and Snow Week runs from Jan. 25-28.
7. Cindy Mayer from BSU finished up her internship with Jean Loehlein of Stellher this week. She did a great job with the students.
8. We have received a letter from Schoolwalk thanking us for allowing Becky Denny to coordinate a school Walk for Diabetes event this year. (Attachment A)
B. Open Comments from General Participation
V. Treasurer's Report (Attachment B)
VI. Meeting Agenda
A. Consent Agenda
1. Approve November bills (Attachment C)
2. Approve the following Board Agreements for the 2010/11 school year. From Bemidji to Blackduck; Kaitlyn Leen. From Blackduck to MNVA-HS; Anthony Utley. Approve the following open enrollments for the 2010/11 school year. From Red Lake to Blackduck; Megan Johnson. From Blackduck to MNVA-HS; Anthony Utley.
B. Items for Individual Action
1. Consider accepting this year's audit.
2. Consider hiring Tyrone Moen for the Title VII Teaching position.
3. Consider hiring Marla Savich as a bus monitor 3 hours a week at $10.40 an hour.
4. Consider accepting Jesse Hickman's resignation from his Head Football Coach position. (Attachment D)
5. Accept the recommendations from the Dec. 13, Impact Aid Meeting
A. Continue to promote after school study clubs
B. Continue to encourage Native American participation in all areas of the curriculm and extracurriculm areas
C. At the elementary level continue to promote Native American lessons
D. Look into programs to help Native Americans graduate
E. Have our Title VII person tutor during the day when time permits
F. Have an elementary tutor in math and reading for the Native American students
6. Consider accepting Robin Mistic's resignation from her Head Volleyball Coach position. (Attachment E)
7. There will be a Truth in Taxation discussion. Dave Decker will be the presenter.
8. Consider certifying the 2010/2011 levy. (Attachment F)
9. Consider hiring Laurie Bitter for the 5/7th P.E. position in the elementary from Jan. 4 until May 27.
10. Consider accepting the first reading for policy 1101 for an Inclusive Education Plan. (Attachment G)
11. Consider hiring Nancy Taylor as half time Asst. Speech coach at Level II, Year 4 at$1,271.50.
B. Items for Discussion
1. Gifted and Talented
2. Tuck pointing contrac
3. MSBA Conference
A. Principals' Reports (Attachment H)
B. Enrollment Reports (Attachment I)
C. Food Service Report (Attachment J)
A. We received a thank you card from the Sharon Tuey Family. (Attachment K)
B. We received a thank you note from the Faith Lutheran Council. (Attachment L)
IX. Future Meetings
1. Our next Board Meeting is on Jan. 10.