Blackduck School Board to hold meeting
Agenda for Regular Board Meeting
September 19, 2011
High School Media Center
I. Call to Order, Pledge
II. Agenda Changes
III. Approval of Minutes
IV. Chairperson's Announcements
A. Good Things Happening
1. Thanks to all the staff for their extra hours in the building this summer preparing for the new school year.
2. Thank you to all the custodians for a wonderful looking school.
3. Thank you to all of our fall coaches for working hard with our football and volleyball students.
4. We have two foreign exchange students this year. Frieda Fiedler from Germany and Maria Maksakova from Russia.
5. The fall play practice is underway for Little Shop of Horrors! 44 of our students
are involved. Anderson Fabrics is helping out with artistic aspects!
B. Open Comments
V. Treasurer's Report (Attachment A)
VI. Meeting Agenda
A. Consent Agenda
1. Approve August Bills (Attachment B)
2. Approve open enrollments and board agreements for the 2011/12 school year.
B. Items for Individual Action
1. Consider advertising for a new H.S. EBD para, 7.5 hours per day.
2. Consider continuing with the school credit cards under the names of Robert G. Doetsch and Bruce Norrgard.
3. Consider accepting and approving the 2011/12 Preliminary Property Tax Levy. (Attachment C)
4. Consider accepting Steve Bechtold's resignation effective July 1, 2012. (Attachment D)
5. Consider accepting Marla Savich's Employee at Will agreement. (Attachment E)
6. Consider accepting Bruce Norrgard's Employee at Will agreement. (Attachment F)
7. Consider increasing the Title One Para's time. Carla, Nancy and Charlotte by 30 minutes a day and Candi by 15 minutes a day.
8. Consider hiring Nita Brown as the gifted teacher for the 2011/12 school year at $20 an hour.
9. Consider increasing Catherine Sullivan's time by 30 minutes a day, from .36 to .43 FTE.
10. Consider increasing Kory Greiner from .50 to .68 FTE.
C. Items for Discussion
2. Who will be updating policies and when.
A. Principal's Reports (Attachment G)
B. Enrollment Report (Attachment H)
IX. Future meetings
A. School Board Meeting, October 10, 2011.
B. Conferences, October 10, 2011, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
C. ECFE Open House, September 13, 2011.