Blackduck School Board agenda set
The reorganzational meeting for Independent School District No. 32, Blackduck will be held at 6:30 p.m. Jan. 11 in the high school media center. During this meeting, the election of Chairperson, Vice Chairperson, Treasurer, Clerk and Directors will take place.
Agenda for Regular Board Meeting
Following Reorganizational Meeting
I. Call to Order
II. Agenda Changes
III. Approval of Minutes
IV. Chairperson's Announcements
A. Good Things Happening
1.The Blackduck/Cass Lake-Bena Bears ran a very successful Big Bear Tournament Dec. 19-20. This is the largest individual invitational wrestling tournament in Minnesota.
2. There are six speech squads -- each with it's own captain. The 2010 speech captains are: Katie Olafson, Kelsey Tjepkes, Kathryn Vocke, Katie Slindee, Charles Biberg and (together as a duo captaining one squad) Connor Cease and Chris O'Reilly. There are 58 participants out for speech this year.
3. Elementary wrestling starts Jan. 30 at 10 a.m. Talk to Tammy Frenzel.
4. Bruce Clubb has donated $1,000 to use as a Betty Parker scholarship. We wish to thank Mr. Clubb for his generous donation.
B. Open Comments from General Participation
V. Treasurer's Report (Attachment A)
VI. Meeting Agenda
A. Consent Agenda
1. Approve December bills (Attachment B)
2. Approve an open enrollment for Alvin Downwind from Red Lake to Blackduck for the 2010 school year.
B. Items for Individual Action
1. Committee Appointments: (2009, listed in parentheses)
A. Community Education Representative (CN)
B. B.R.I.C. Representative (CN)
C. Meet and Confer Representative (MS, GM)
D. Vocational Governing Board Representative (MS)
E. Negotiation Committee (LZ, DC, CN)
F. Minnesota High School League:
Governing Board (GM)
School Representative (BD)
Boys Sports (TR)
Girls Sports (TR)
G. MSBA Legislative Liaison (GM)
C. Items for Discussion
1. Next year's projections.
2. Summer insurance bids (apples to apples).
3. Would a Board Member wish to be on the calendar committee?
4. Surveys for the 4-day week. (Attachment C)
A. Principals' Reports (Attachment D)
B. Enrollment Reports (Attachment E)
C. Food Service Report (Attachment F)
IX. Future Meetings
A. Next board meeting Feb. 8
B. Conferences are coming up Feb. 22. They will start at 10 a.m. and go until 7 p.m.
C. The MSBA Leadership Conference is in Minneapolis on Jan. 13-15.