Blackduck School Board Agenda
Aug. 16, 2010
High School Media Center
I. Call to Order - Pledge
II. Agenda Changes
III. Approval of Minutes
IV. Chairperson's Announcements
A. Good Things Happening
1. The board wishes to thank the custodial staff for all their work this summer. The school once again looks wonderful.
2. Thank you to Sharon Tuey for an outstanding job on the Community Education pamphlets. They will be sent out in August.
3. We wish good luck to our Volleyball and Football Teams. They start practice the 16th of August.
4. Play practice will start soon. This year the play will be Romeo and Juliet. Good luck to all involved.
5. The community should have received their school calendars.
6. New student registration is Aug. 18.
7. The school rummage sale is Aug. 20 from 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
8. Teachers are already here preparing for the upcoming year. The actual first day for teachers is Aug. 31.
B. Open Comments from General Participation
V. Treasurer's Report (Attachment A)
VI. Meeting Agenda
A. Consent Agenda
1. Approve July bills (Attachment B)
2. Approve the following Board Agreement for the 2010/11 school year. From Bemidji to Blackduck; Jesse Beliveau.
B. Items for Individual Action
1. Consider accepting the second reading of Policy 900 Academic Eligibility. (Attachment C)
2. Consider accepting the second reading of Policy 1250 Graduation Requirements. (Attachment D)
3. Consider accepting the third and final reading of Policy 1015 Athletics/Other Program Fees. (Attachment E)
4. Consider accepting Cindy Cronemiller's resignation. (Attachment F)
5. Consider investigating the participation in the $50,000 Life and $50,000 AD&D Life Insurance for the school board members.
6. Consider increasing Jackie Magoon's daily hours from 7 to 7.84.
7. Consider accepting Deerwood Banks proposal for Blackduck checking and savings accounts. (Attachment G)
8. Consider hiring Allison Jepson as the junior high girls basketball coach at level III year 3 $1,921.
9. Consider hiring Allison Jepson as the assistant golf coach at level III year 3 $1,921.
10. Consider hiring Kari Slindee as assistant drama coach at level IV year 3. This is a ½ time position at $727.50.
11. Consider hiring Jeremy Berg as assistant football coach at level II year 7 $2,976.
12. Consider hiring Korey Greiner as assistant football coach at level II year 2 $2,326.
13. Consider hiring Jayne Rivard-Fenske as annual advisor at level III year 9 $2,408.
14. Consider accepting the Resolution Canvassing Returns of Votes of the School District Special Election. (Attachment H)
15. Consider advertising for the replacement of the ECFE Teacher at .40 FTE.
C. Items for Discussion
1. The Board needs to discuss the number of late rides they will have this year.
2. Discuss the Bond Referendum and the next step.
A. Principals' Reports
IX. Future Meetings
1. September Board Meeting Sept. 13 at 6:30 p.m.