Blackduck School Board Agenda
Agenda for Regular Board Meeting
April 12, 2010
High School Media Center
I. Call to Order - Pledge
II. Agenda Changes
III. Approval of Minutes
IV. Chairperson's Announcements
A. Good Things Happening
1. The fourth grade participated with decorating McDonalds in Bemidji for St. Patrick's Day.
2. Both the choir and band double starred at large group contest at BSU on March 31.
3. Saturday March 27 NYWA Bemidji Region Results (Wrestlers have to prequalify for this at district level). There were over 510 wrestlers participating K-eighth grade. The following wrestlers placed. Mason Frenzel second, Trenton Juelson third, Christian Pater third, Tanner Templin fourth, and Ian Frenzel fifth. Other wrestlers that participated at regions include, Carter Pater, Jastyn Rodgers, Trevor Janssen andNick Grundmeier.
4. Becky Denny has been working with Beltrami County with the Statewide Health Initiative Program. There are three schools in Beltrami County participating so we will receive approx $1,300. By making a small change to our Health and Wellness policy we will receive this money to use for Phy. Ed. and/or playground equipment for the elementary.
5. The first grades are completing their Flat Stanley project! Posters are on display in the SEARCH hallway. Our Flat Stanley's have traveled all over the US, Canada, and one even went to China! The kids have had a great time learning about all the new places Flat Stanley traveled to!
6. Fourth, fifth and sixth graders are working very hard getting ready for the MCA reading, math, and science tests.
B. Open Comments from General Participation
V. Treasurer's Report (Attachment A)
VI. Meeting Agenda
A. Consent Agenda
1. Approve March bills (Attachment B)
2. Approve the following Board Agreements and Open enrollments for the 2009/2010 school years: Board Agreements from Blackduck to Bemidji; Max Johnson and Ross Johnson. Open Enrollments from Bemidji to Blackduck; Colton Bales and Evan Northup.
B. Items for Individual Action
1. Consider approving a leave of absence request for John Pater. (Attachment C)
2. Consider accepting BSU's Memorandum of Agreement for Student Training Experiences. (Attachment D)
3. Consider hiring Cody Gross as the junior high baseball coach. This would be at level 4 step 1, $1,332.
4. Consider a resolution to terminate one elementary Teacher at the end of the 2009, 2010 school year.
5. Consider a resolution to terminate 3 hours of elementary music.
C. Items for Discussion
2. Possible Policy
3. Discussion of high school classes for the 2010/2011 school year.
4. Close the meeting for data privacy reasons.
A. Principals' Reports (Attachment E)
B. Enrollment Reports (Attachment F)
C. Food Service Report (Attachment G)
IX. Future Meetings
1. Our next Board Meeting is on the 10th of May.