Blackduck School Board Agenda
Agenda for Regular Board Meeting
April 16, 2012
High School Media Center
I. Call to Order - Pledge
II. Agenda Changes
III. Approval of Minutes
IV. Chairperson's Announcements
A. Good Things Happening
1. 4th, 5th and 6th graders are working very hard getting ready for the MCA reading, math and science tests.
2. Mr. Dahedl's DCD and Ms. Coborn's EBD students and paraprofessionals spent a fantastic winter day at Sure Game Resort on March 24th. The students had a great time catching fish, snowshoeing and sledding.
3. Mrs. Wiebe's First Grade Class received 3 Kindle Fires this month through a site called DonorsChoose.org. (Attachment A)
4. In Mr. Gross' Elementary Physical Education classes, students are learning how to roller-skate. Thanks to the Skatetime Company, students are learning how to stay physically active over the summer months. Students are also learning the basic skills of roller-skating, which include stopping, safety, forward crossover and backwards skating.
5. The Drakes Speech team won the Section 7A championship for the 5th year in a row! 19 went to finals and 11 to state they were Maddie Stomberg, Dimitrius Haro, Matthew Jedlicka, Derek Gustafson, Tyler Dobmeier, Morgan Jung, Maddy Liapis, Maile Olson, Shalynne Bogucki, Katie O'Rourke and Kristie Slindee.
6. Blackduck's Bulldog track season has started out with a bang! Our 1st track meet was at the indoor BSU Rec. center. Over 27 small and large schools participated. Kristi Mills placed 8th in the open 800 meter run. Butch Strand took 8th in the 2 mile run and Butch Strand and Michel Tate, a brand new track member, placed 6th in the boys 4 by 800 meter relay. Coach Moon is very proud and excited about her track team this year. Her veterans include Kristi Mills (3 years) and Butch Strand (6 years), captains, Arthur Wirkus (2 years), Matthew Jedlicka (3 years), Maile Olson (2 years) and Kelsie Murray (4 years). The upcoming rookies are: Dominic Palmer, Michael Tate, Maria Maksakova, Paul Eckstrom, Danisha Sells, Kendall Fussy, Larry Favela, Mort Eckstrom and Sierra Stroeing. Our first home meet is Tuesday, April 24th in Northome. Come and watch our enthusiastic hardworking track athletes!
B. Open Comments from General Participation
V. Treasurer's Report (Attachment B)
VI. Meeting Agenda
A. Consent Agenda
1. Approve March bills (Attachment C)
B. Items for Individual Action
1. Consider a new board policy that limits the amount of consecutive years a chairperson can hold that position to two.
2. Consider advertising for an upper elementary teacher for the 2012/13 school year.
3. Consider hiring Tiffany Long as a SPED Para for 4.75 hours per day at $10.40 per hour for the remainder of the 2011/12 school year.
4. Consider hiring Micki Witt for 2 hours per day at $10.40 per hour for the remainder of the 2011/12 school year.
5. Consider hiring James Dexter as Junior High Baseball Coach, Level IV year 1 at $1,332.
6. Consider advertising for a full time DCD teacher.
7. Consider advertising for a 2.5 hour per day Spanish teacher.
8. Consider accepting Marie Kovar's resignation from the ECFE program. (Attachment D)
9. Consider advertising for an ECFE Parent Educator.
10. Consider accepting the Community Ed Coordinator's contract for the 2012/13 school year. (Attachment E)
11. Consider advertising for a full time bus driver.
12. Consider accepting Andra Vaughn's teaching contract for the 2012/13 school year as a Teacher on Special Assignment, .43 FTE Activities Director and .57 FTE High School Teacher. (Attachment F)
13. Superintendent Position
14 - Consider revising a teacher's request for an extended leave of absence.
15 - Consider accepting Rick Olhava's resignation at the end of the 2011/12 school year.
16 - Consider advertising for a full time High School Math Teacher.
C. Items for Discussion
1. Meal reimbursement
2. Discuss dropping the track program.
4. Close the meeting to discuss negotiations under MN Statute 13D.03.
A. Principals' Reports (Attachment G)
B. Enrollment Reports (Attachment H)
C. Food Service Report (Attachment I)
IX. Future Meetings
1. Our next Board Meeting is on the 14th of May.