Agenda for Regular Board Meeting
February 13, 2012
High School Media Center
I. Call to Order - Pledge
A. Vote for Vice Chair
II. Agenda Changes
III. Approval of Minutes
IV. Chairperson's Announcements
A. Good Things Happening
1. Snow Week 2012 was a success and a good time was had by all! The halls were decorated, the students and teachers were dressed up, the coronation was beautiful and the pep-fest was a lot of fun! This year's Snow Week royalty was King Lucas Krabbenhoft, Queen Emma Brown, Prince Colton Bales and Princess Ashlee Jeffrey. A big thanks to the Cheerleaders and Student Council for all their hard work!
2. Blackduck staff met at the Countryside Restaurant for an early morning breakfast, supporting the new owners of Countryside and former students who work there!
3. The Blackduck Wells Fargo employees donated $458.12 to the library to buy books for the students! Thank you so much!!! (Attachment A)
4. The cheerleaders will be giving a new and exciting performance at the Snow
Week Pep Fest on Friday, February 10th! The cheerleaders are also hosting an elementary cheer clinic. The elementary cheerleaders with be performing at the varsity basketball game on Tuesday, Feb. 14th. Go Drakes!
5. The Fitness Fund had another spectacular turn out at the Winter Elementary Dance! 128 students' showed up to show off their fancy footwork! Mr. Gross led the Kindergarten through 6th grade in a dance they learned during physical education the previous 2 weeks. The Elementary Staff pooled their money together and raffled off two iPod Shuffles to Bryce Frenzel and Kalli Gross.
Frenzel Fertilizer donated a boys bike that was won by Kyle Thomas. Jody and Kevin Thomas donated a girls bike that was won by Kendra Sparby. Barbwire Clothing, Realty Experts, Automotive Expressions and Forseen Excavating donated items for the raffle and the students were so grateful! A huge thank you to N'tertainment for the awesome music that we all enjoyed!
6. The four-day school year committee met on the application to the State. It's well underway.
7. The Dental clinic was a huge success! 101 children, K-12 recceived services from Northern Dental Access Center.
8. Ten athletes went to softball camp in January, at Mankato State University. They received a donation from a community member to help make it happen. Thanks so much!
9. Every Friday afternoon one classroom from grades 4-6 walks to the Nursing Home to visit and play games with the residents. The students have shared their favorite school time memories as well as listened to the residents share their favorite school time memories.
10. The third and fourth grade girls' basketball team traveled to Bigfork on the 28th of January and brought home 2nd place! Way to go girls!
11. Thank you to Becky Denny for all her work on the Northern Dental Access Program. (Attachment B)
12. Thanks to a donation from the Blackduck Lions, Blackduck Firemans Relief and the Northome VFW, we were able to purchase a hearing screener that will be more efficient at screening kindergarten kids and younger. With this purchase we will no longer need to rent one from Public Health during Pre-school screenings.
13. Congratulations to sophmore Trey Volk, for reaching 1,000 points in basketball! Way to go Trey!!
B. Open Comments from General Participation
V. Treasurer's Report (Attachment C)
VI. Meeting Agenda
A. Consent Agenda
1. Approve January bills (Attachment D)
2. Approve the following Open enrollments for the 2011/12 and 2012/13 school years:
C. Items for Individual Action
1. Consider accepting Dennis Buchholtz's resignation effective June 3, 2012. (Attachment E)
2. Consider accepting Diane McKean's request for a leave of absence effective June 3, 2012. (Attachment F)
3. Consider accepting the revised, new or reviewed computer policies #338, 356, 358, 359, 360. (Attachment G)
4. Consider the elimination of computer policy # 420. (Attachment H)
5. Consider elimination of the laptop checkout form. (Attachment I)
6. Approve the 2012/13, 2013/14 and the 2014/15 School Calendars. (Attachment J)
7. Consider discussing issues brought up at the January 25th Meet and Confer meeting.
8. Consider hiring Tyrone Moen effective January 24, 2012 for two hours per day as a Title 1 Para.
9. Consider accepting Sheena Reese's letter of resignation from her JH/JV softball coaching position. (Attachment K)
10. Consider accepting Jim Dahedl's letter of resignation from his JH Football coaching position. ( Attachment L)
11. Consider accepting Catherine Sullivan's letter of resignation from Spanish/ELL teaching at the end of 2011/12 school year. (Attachment M)
D. Items for Discussion
1. MSBA Presentation (Rachel Larson)
2. 4-day week discussion in the MPR.
A. Principals' Reports (Attachment N)
B. Enrollment Reports (Attachment O )
C. Food Service Report (Attachment P)
IX. Future Meetings
A. Our next 4-day week meeting will be Feb. 29 beginning at 6:30 P.M.in the MPR.
B. Our next Board Meeting is on March 12.