Blackduck School Board agenda
Agenda for Regular Board Meeting
May 9, 2011
High School Media Center
I. Call to Order - Pledge
II. Agenda Changes
III. Approval of Minutes
IV. Chairperson's Announcements
A. Good Things Happening
1. The Blackduck Baseball team is ranked 11th in state in Class A.
2. Thanks to Sandy Lien and the Junior Class Prom Committee plus the Junior parents for a wonderful 2011 Prom and after Prom Party. It was a huge success!!
3. Blackduck Elementary is going to have a summer reading program for kids in grades K-6th. Students can read a book and fill out a "mini" book report and then turn the "mini" book report into a participating local business for a prize! We hope this keeps our students reading over the summer and creates traffic into our local businesses! Contact Stacy Swedberg for more information!
4. Speech Update:
Maile Olson placed 5th in the MSHSL tournament.
Connor Cease, Chris O'Reilly, and Brandon Beck all missed finals due to a complex tie-breaking procedure and ended up in 9th place.
Tyler Dobmeier also finished in 9th place.
Alex Schuman finished in 11th place.
Alex Howard finished in 12th place.Nick Liapis finished in 12th place.
All but three of the 15 qualified Blackduck speakers finished in the upper two-thirds of competitors.
5. The Shakespeare class celebrated William Shakespeare's 447th birthday on Wednesday, April 20th (actual date - April 23rd) with cake, ice cream, mints, nuts, and beverages. Many guests also attended to celebrate the birthday of one of the world's greatest authors.
B. Open Comments from General Participation
V. Treasurer's Report (Attachment A)
VI. Meeting Agenda
A. Consent Agenda
1. Approve April bills (Attachment B)
2. Approve the following open enrollment for the 2010-11 school year. From Bemidji to Blackduck; Emily Okland. Approve the following board agreements for the 2011-12 school year. From Bemidji to Blackduck; Ryan Moen, Chloe Cook, Jason Beliveau. From Kelliher to Blackduck; LeonardLong. From Grand Rapids to Blackduck; Ross Weisert.
B. Items for Individual Action
1. Consider accepting the second reading of Policy 1226 for children with disabilities. (Attachment C)
2. Consider accepting a request for an extended leave of absence. (Attachment D)
3. Consider accepting the Notice of Desire to Negotiate from the BEA. (Attachment E)
4. Consider accepting the Resolution for Membership in the Minnesota State High School League. (Attachment F)
5. Consider accepting Jesse Hickman's letter of resignation effective at the end of the 2010/11 school year. (Attachment G)
6. Consider advertising for a High School Social Studies teacher.
7. Consider hiring Patricia Gerchy as H.S. Physical Education Teacher, BS step 2 at a salary of $33,858.
8. Consider accepting April Elias's letter of Resignation. (Attachment H)
9. Consider advertising for a H.S. Spanish Teacher for 2 hours per student contact day.
10. Consider the Site Based Team's recommendation regarding parental requests for teachers.
C. Items for Discussion
A. Principals' Reports (Attachment I)
B. Enrollment Reports (Attachment J)
C. Food Service Report (Attachment K)
IX. Future Meetings
1. Our next Board Meeting is on June 13th at 6:30 p.m.
2. Close the meeting for negotiations strategy.