Blackduck School Board Agenda
Agenda for Regular Board Meeting
March 14, 2011
High School Media Center
I. Call to Order - Pledge
II. Agenda Changes
III. Approval of Minutes
IV. Chairperson's Announcements
A. Good Things Happening
1. MCA March Madness is off to a fabulous start!
2. Elementary March MCA Madness kicked off Thursday, March 3rd. Third through sixth grade students are looking to improve or maintain STAR scores so they can participate in their classes' team competition. Students are very excited about learning and preparing for the MCA tests in April.
3. The girl's basketball team had an excellent season. Improving from 3 wins last season to 9 this season and moving from a 9 seed to a 6 seed in subsection play. The coaches would like to thank the team's three seniors, Sam Mistic, Jamie Magoon and Mollie Exner for all they have given to Blackduck over the years. You will be missed.
4. The BCLB team won the sportsmanship award for section wrestling. Seven wrestlers made it to day 2... last year we had 1. We had six place winners in section wrestling, compared to last year's 1. The Blackduck youth team took 2nd place in this last weekend tournament (grade k - 8), missing the championship by only 1.
5. There will be a 5-12 Choir Concert March 17 at 7 p.m in the school gym.
6. The Spring Book Fair was a tremendous success--thanks to the support of the students, families, and community.
7. Sarah Panzau, guest speaker on drunk driving, was inspirational to all of us. Check out her web site, "Sarah's Journey".
8. The Speech teams continue to win!
9. Dr. Seuss week was a success in elementary. The Cat in the Hat brought Thing 1 and Thing 2 to school, but he was able to crate them back up and put them away for next year! The kids enjoyed meeting Cat in the Hat and his friends Thing 1 and Thing 2!
B. Open Comments from General Participation
V. Treasurer's Report (Attachment A)
VI. Meeting Agenda
A. Consent Agenda
1. Approve February bills (Attachment B)
2. Approve the following Board Agreements for the 2010-2011 school year. From Blackduck to Bemidji; Hope Sander, Corrin Frenzel, Madalynn Frenzel, Katie Shereck. Approve the following Board Agreement for the 2011-2012 school year. From Bemidji to Blackduck; Alex King.
B. Items for Individual Action
1. Consider Becky Haugen's request. She is requesting a Yamaha Digital Ensemble instrument. The total cost with cart is $5344. Mrs. Haugen will address this matter. (Attachment C)
2. Consider hiring Tricia Holmgren as head volleyball coach. This would be year 2, level 1, $3084.
3. Consider making a decision as to how to use any received ERRP Funding. Our application for the Early Retiree Reinsurance Program has been accepted. There are two choices;
a. Reduce health insurance costs for retirees only.
b. Use the dollars to reduce the plan sponsors (Blackduck School's) health insurance costs.
4. Consider advertising for a High School P.E. position.
5. Consider accepting Jim Lucachick's Roof timetable. (Attachment D)
6. Consider budget reductions
C. Items for Discussion
1. Consider putting into policy a 3 month reserve fund.
2. Consider putting into policy that anything placed in a personnel file will remain there permanently.
3. Consider installing a credit card system for the school.
4. ESG options - an ESG representative will be here to discuss.
A. Principals' Reports (Attachment E)
B. Enrollment Reports (Attachment F)
C. Food Service Report (Attachment G)
IX. Future Meetings
1. Our next Board Meeting is on the 11th of April.